Monday, September 15, 2008

I DON'T LIKE TURKEY






I hope everybody had a nice weekend, here was really hot on Sunday, I would say extremely hot to be September. I just want to take a few minutes to update you on what Mia has been up to these days.
Well on Saturday we tried to feed Mia turkey and turkey gravy from beechnuts baby food, that didn’t go to good, she didn’t like it at all, she was making faces and it looked that she was going to choke, she only had two spoons and she refused to open her mouth to eat it, so we had to switch to one of her favorites, pears. I also think she believes she is too big to breastfeed anymore, she doesn’t like to latch on unless it is 3 in the morning, she is giving me a hard time to breastfeed her and I have to rely on the bottles, she doesn’t have a problem eating from the bottles it doesn’t matter if it’s breast milk or formula, her problem is to latch to my nipple, we think it has to be because of her gums, she has been teething for about two months, but I still don’t see signs of a tooth coming, she has all the symptoms, but nothing yet.
On Saturday afternoon we went to the Outlets around 1 hour from our house. We had a good time and we got a couple of things that we needed for our trip in October. When we were walking around the outlets we got into Rocky Mountains Ice cream store and of course we had to go in and try the ice cream. At the store they had this huge bear, which Mia found amazing and she wanted to eat him, it was so hilarious. We all got ice cream cones and Mia kept trying to reach for Patricia’s so I have to let her try it, well Mia has a sweet tooth like her Mother...she loves the vanilla bean ice cream, I let her licked it twice but she definitely wanted more. Too bad that we all had full hands otherwise we would have taken a picture.
Mia has been playing patty cake (tortilla de manteca) for a while now and she call her daddy more clearly, we are trying to teach her how to wave bye-bye, but still she doesn’t do it. We are still working on her to roll over from her tummy to her back and nothing of crawling, who knows maybe she's going to start walking before crawling.




1 comment:

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

I'm telling you, she takes after me I DON'T LIKE TURKEY EITHER