Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mia is one year old

My little girl, my baby, is one and becoming a toddler more and more each day. How did that happen? How did the time fly by so fast?
Flash back a year ago – Mia was due fro March 12th, but she wasn’t ready to come out to the world so it took her 7 more days. The bad contractions started at 5 am, we got to the hospital around 7:00 am and at 2:59 pm on March 19th 2008 our little bundle was delivered by c-section. She was a precious tiny little thing, only 6 lbs 1 oz and 18 ¾ inches. She seemed so tiny and delicate.
Baby daddy and I are so blessed to have Mia in our lives. We can’t remember what it was like without her, and don’t want to - it’s too great with her in it. I am in shock she is one today, but also happy we’ve made this milestone. I’ll try not to tear up too much as I go through the day, remembering all the great things about this past year and all the emotions from this day last year. I know I’ve forgotten to write things I wanted to write, but I have many more years to blog about all the cute and wonderful things as Mia Takes on the World.
Happy 1st birthday Mia!!!

1 comment:

BarbCF said...

I felt a tear... aww... i cant imagine how you feel right now. I will be down the same path 5 months from now. Congrants Karina on your cute little toddler!
Mia Happy 1st Bday!