Thursday, March 12, 2009

Is official we are in.

After 14 month on the waiting list for the CDC (Child development Center) at FT. Meade we got Mia in. We put Mia’s name on the list for the day care when she wasn’t even born on December 26 2007, and only until yesterday we were able to get in.
Getting into the Ft. Meade day care is a long process and a long waiting. There facilities are big and clean, we love the playground it is big with white fine sand a lots of toys (swing, slides, etc.) we are sure that Mia is going to have lots of fun.
Even that we are exacting I’m a little nervous, I hope Mia get use to the new place and the new people, I know that she is being at the daycare since she was 3 month old, but this is a different place. Another issue that worries me is the food, we are not allowed to bring any food, they provide the meals according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) so this is going to be new for Mia as well, I know this is free of charge but I really hoping that Mia likes the food, maybe since all the kids are eating the same food she’ll get into it.
Wednesday is orientation day and they will give us more details of what we have to do.
I’ll keep you posted.

No comments: