Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mia slept through the night last night

Last night 06.25.08 Mia went to bed around 7:30 pm and for the first time in 14 weeks she slept for 8 full hours straight. I don't know if she will continue doing this or if it is just a one-time thing for now, but I needed that night of full rest so much! I was thrilled to wake up at 4 am and realize that she slept for so long. I attribute it to following the bed routing that Shaun and I have implemented, we bathe her by 7:30, then I feed her and put her down for the night by about 8:00. Almost immediately after starting this she stopped waking up every 2-3 hours at night and started sleeping until 2:30am! It was wonderful having a pretty predictable schedule at night. She would wake up again around 4:00 am for another feeding and them at 5:30 am and we would start our day. I really think it was because of the feeding schedule and bedtime routine that she was able to establish her own sleeping schedule.
Let’s hope that this will continue.

2 comments:

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

She asked me to tell you:
MOMMY DONT GET USE TO IT!!!

Anonymous said...

This will be a great tip for me to have/use. Thanks! :)