Tuesday, May 19, 2009

14 Months Old

Today you are fourteen months old. You are a sponge right now, absorbing everything around you so it’s really enjoyable to help you along the way.
You still love your morning and evening bottles - love them. Hold them like they are your baby, We want it to break it before we go back and see Dr. Youn for the 15 month appointment, but we’ll see, I really don’t want you to stop drinking your milk, during the day you are all zippy cups and you are a pro using the straw. Right now not even considering breaking the paci habit - though you mainly only have them at night/naps unless you are extremely cranky.
You love your babies and your stuffed animals, and really any toy can substitute. You hug them and pat them and mother them before tossing them aside. There is not one toy that has stood out yet as your favorite, you still love them all for minutes at a time before moving on to another. Another thing is you love to dance, every time that you hear music or we told you to dance you are right on it.
You love the outside and pointing to everything you see. You give the best kisses and you blow kisses as well. You still don’t want to walk alone more than a couple steps, but you cruise and turbo crawl with the best of them (and can walk just fine holding onto one of our hands so I think you are just too stubborn to let go).
They say it just keeps getting better, and I can truly say I am loving how fast you learn things and how much more you can interact with us. It doesn’t mean I didn’t think the baby stage was wonderful - I loved the baby stage, having my head lying against yours and that baby smell. But it’s also exciting to see you becoming a true toddler and developing your personality which appears to be fairly independent and strong willed. Don’t know where you get that from… ;) But you are loving and happy and friendly as well, things I hope stay with you always.
I love you baby girl. I am looking forward to a great summer.
Love,
Mommy.

No comments: